The "25 Things" meme seems as good a starting point as any...
1. I am deeply uncomfortable revealing things about myself and normally rely on sarcasm to get by. But I promised to do this.
2. I am not an animal lover. I don’t want anything bad to happen to them, I just don't enjoy them. I am pretty sure think makes me a sociopath.
3. I have an irrational fear of being wrongfully imprisoned. This amuses my husband.
4. I am a rule follower. I can't even bring a drink into a store. This annoys my children.
5. I love food. Cooking, food blogs, farmers' markets…
6. I have a real milkman who delivers my milk in glass bottles.
7. I feel at home in the city
8. …and in the library. I believe libraries are the foundation of democracy. (I should point out that given the fact that I was once flashed in the Boston Public Library, cities and libraries are perhaps best enjoyed separately.)
9. I dislike crime stories, violence, and scary movies.
10. I was born on Friday the 13th.
11. I think that everyone is just doing the best they can and we should probably cut them some slack. (except for people who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior.)
12. I am proud that my daughters are funny and kind and love music.
13. I am so thankful that I met my husband when I was 22. He made(and continues to make) my life better.
14. I have 17 nieces and nephews that I love and enjoy more than they know.
15. I learned to swim because I was too afraid of the horseshoe crabs in our river to put my feet down.
16. I love brewpubs almost better than anywhere.
17. I like people who make me laugh, and will forgive almost any shortcomings they may have.
18. I cry during the patriotic sing-along on the 4th of July.
19. I am one-eighth Greek.
20. I used to have a really great memory, but not anymore. It bothers me.
21. I married into a Yankees family, but so far my children are okay.
22. I love football and miss it in the long off-season. I like baseball, but it's not the same.
23. I am happy my kids are fast runners so they won't suffer the emotional scars of being the last one out to the playground every single gym class.
24. I watch too much TV.
25. I don't have favorites. I have favorite products, sure, but don't ask me my favorite color, movie, ice cream, whatever. It amazes me that other people can pick.
2 hours ago