Thursday, March 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Yes, I am aware that today is Thursday. This week is Science Fair Week in my house, so all of my creativity and energy is spoken for, thank you. Without further ado:

Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs. Here is my interesting/irritating story of the week. On Sunday, I had planned on grilling drumsticks for dinner. When I opened the package to put them on the grill, they smelled really funky. Two days before the sell by date! There is very little that annoys me more than wasting food and money, but one of those things is reaching dinner time with no plan and no food. So my husband went out to get meat for burgers, which means I got 3 pounds of meat! So Monday we had meatballs...

Tuesday: BBQ chicken drumsticks, sweet potato biscuits, okra, salad
, coleslaw. This Sunday's Boston Globe magazine had a sweet potato biscuit recipe that I knew I had to make immediately! It was simple and delicious! I'll definitely be making these again. The coleslaw is made without mayonnaise for my mayophobic family. I just use olive oil and it works surprisingly well

Wednesday: Chicken fajitas, corn salad. So Wednesday, my grill stopped working! I cooked everything in the oven at 475 degrees and was impressed with how well it turned out. Does this mean I can start making fajitas in the winter, too?

Thursday: meatball subs, salad Did I mention I am slightly oversupplied with hamburg? I made A LOT of meatballs. It's good, though, because tonight is the Science Fair, and dinner needs to be quick and flexibly timed.

Friday: We are off for a weekend with the in-laws for an early St Pat's! Slainte!

No comments: